How can I get my court order changed?

Either party can request a review of their court order at any time, if they feel the order is no longer reasonable. An order would be unreasonable if either party’s income changes, or the cost of medical/dental coverage changes, or child care costs have changed. To request a review, send in a written statement, stating the reasons you believe the order should be reviewed, to your local child support agency. You also have the option to request a modification through the courts. To make your own motion, you can obtain the documents from the Court Administrator’s Office or online at the Minnesota Courts website.

Show All Answers

1. How do you locate a parent?
2. Why should I establish who the father of the child is?
3. How is paternity established?
4. How do I establish a support order?
5. How are the payments managed?
6. Where can I get payment information?
7. How can I make a child support payment?
8. What happens if the payer doesn't pay?
9. How can I get my court order changed?
10. What is the effective date of a court order?
11. Does the County Attorney’s Office or the Child Support Office represent me when handling a child support matter in court?
12. What happens if the other parent lives in a different state?
13. How does the automatic cost of living increase work?
14. Who can I call for more information?