How are the payments managed?

Most orders for support will order payments to be made via income withholding. The county will send notice to the payer’s employer to withhold support and send it to the Minnesota Child Support Payment Center. If there is no employer, the payer is obligated to make the payments to the Minnesota Child Support Payment Center. The Minnesota Child Support Payment Center disburses the payments to the custodial parent.

Show All Answers

1. How do you locate a parent?
2. Why should I establish who the father of the child is?
3. How is paternity established?
4. How do I establish a support order?
5. How are the payments managed?
6. Where can I get payment information?
7. How can I make a child support payment?
8. What happens if the payer doesn't pay?
9. How can I get my court order changed?
10. What is the effective date of a court order?
11. Does the County Attorney’s Office or the Child Support Office represent me when handling a child support matter in court?
12. What happens if the other parent lives in a different state?
13. How does the automatic cost of living increase work?
14. Who can I call for more information?