2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
COVID-19 is a viral respiratory illness caused by a coronavirus that has not been found in people before. It is not the same coronavirus that caused Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) in 2003 or Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS_CoV) in 2012, however, it is in the same family of virus.
Isanti County Public Health (ICPH) is communicating frequently with the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and monitoring Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) communications to maintain situational awareness. The Isanti County Public Health Department Operations Center (DOC) is working with local partners to coordinate ongoing prevention and response efforts.
To access the most up to date information on Coronavirus, including cases and travel information, please visit the following websites:
There are two hotlines for COVID-19 questions from the public.
- MN Helpline: 651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504, Monday through Friday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Isanti County Public Health: For local questions, 763-689-4071, Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
According to the Minnesota Department of Health, symptoms of COVID-19 can include:
- shortness of breath
- muscle pain
- sore throat
- loss of taste or smell
- Other less common symptoms include gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
People who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested. Talk to your health care provider. To find a testing location near you visit https://mn.gov/covid19/for-minnesotans/if-sick/testing-locations/index.jsp
Contact your health care provider before going to the clinic or emergency room if your symptoms worsen at any point or you feel you need to see a doctor.
Best practices right now to avoid COVID-19:
- CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g., grocery stores and pharmacies). For more information from the CDC, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
- Stay home as much as possible, stay at least 6 feet from other people if you are in public, and avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough and sneeze, preferably with a barrier like a tissue or the sleeve of your shirt
- If you are 65 and older or have certain underlying medical conditions, stay at home and avoid situations where you could be exposed, including travel
- Wipe down shared work spaces and commonly touched items with a disinfectant
- Stay informed from a credible source such as CDC, MDH, ICPH, and healthcare
Safety Tip Videos:
- How to put on and take off a mask
- Tips for cloth face masks
- Gloves and cross contamination
- The correct way to put on and take off gloves
- Covid-19 Behavioral Health Support Resources (PDF)
- Covid-19 Self Care Tips (PDF)
- Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-19
- MN Psychological Association COVID Cares Support Services
- Personal and Family Preparedness
- Pandemic Preparedness
- Social Security Administration Important Information (PDF)
- Summer Meals (PDF)
Resources from the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health:
- CDC: COVID-19 Signs and Symptoms and How to Prevent COVID-19
- Minnesota Department of Health: Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Social Distancing Poster
- P-EBT Flyer (PDF)
Donations of personal protective equipment (PPE) and monetary donations are now being accepted by Isanti County. Contact Chad Struss (763-689-1644 or email@example.com) for more information about current needs and the donation process.
Isanti County Public Health is recruiting volunteers through the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC). MRC volunteers include medical and public health professionals, as well as other community members without healthcare backgrounds. They help Isanti County prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies. MRC volunteers receive training in public health and emergency response. To volunteer with Isanti County, apply online https://www.mnresponds.org/agreement.php.