- MinnesotaCare is a publicly subsidized program for Minnesota residents who don't have access to affordable health care coverage.
- Residents (except for some children) are not eligible if their employer offers health insurance and pays at least half of the monthly cost.
- MinnesotaCare is funded by a tax on hospitals and health care providers, federal Medicaid matching funds and enrollee premiums.
- MinnesotaCare has been critical to Minnesota’s welfare reform strategy, helping people leave welfare and go to work without losing health care coverage.
- Enrollee premiums are determined according to a sliding-fee scale based on family size and income.
- You must fill out an application, either online or using a paper application.
- Call Isanti County Family Services at 763-689-1711.
- Apply in person at Isanti County Family Services.
- Apply online using MNsure.
If you need help filling out the application, call or visit Isanti County Family Services.
When Will I Find Out If I'm Eligible?
A county worker will review your application and send you a notice telling you if you are eligible within 45 days (60 days if a disability needs to be certified).
Some health care programs may pay for medical bills going back up to three months from the time when you turn in your application.
Medical Assistance for Employed Persons with Disabilities (MAEPD)
This program allows working people with disabilities between the ages of 16 and 64 to qualify for Medical Assistance under higher income and asset limits.
TEFRA allows some children with disabilities who live with their families to be eligible for Medical Assistance without counting parent’s income.
Discount Prescription Drug Program
The ProAct Prescription Discount Card Program provides real financial savings at the pharmacy counter for participants who are uninsured, under-insured or whose current plan does not cover a particular medication. Get started today by printing a card.
If you are receiving medical assistance, you may be eligible to receive assistance with your medical transportation needs. If you are looking for medical transportation, contact MNet at 866-467-1724.
If you are on a health care plan and need assistance with transportation to medical appointments, please contact your health plan provider directly at:
- BLUE PLUS: 651-662-5545
- MEDICA: 952-992-2322
- UCARE: 612-676-3200