Birth records are accessible in our office for people born anywhere in Minnesota beginning in 1935. Prior to 1935, we have records for persons who were born in Isanti County. To obtain a certified copy of a birth record, you must complete an application and be an authorized requester as defined by the Minnesota Department of Health. Certified Birth Records can be purchased in person or by mail.
We accept cash, check or credit card.
-First certified birth record: $26
-Each additional certified copy of the same record issued at the same time: $19
To purchase in person:
- Complete the Certified Birth Certificate Application (PDF). Do not sign the form.
- Bring the unsigned form and fee to our office by 4:00 pm to ensure sufficient time to complete the transaction.
- Show proof of identity. A deputy registrar will witness your signature.
To purchase by mail:
- Complete the By Mail Certified Birth Certificate Application (PDF). To make processing easier, make sure to write your return address legibly.
- You must sign the completed form in front of a notary. The notary’s signature and stamp must be on the application
- Mail the application and fees to:
Isanti County Auditor-Treasurer
555 18th Ave SW
Cambridge, MN 55008
Please note: If your child was born in Minnesota in the last 12 months, please use the parent notice that was sent to you after your child’s birth to request a birth certificate. This form has important information that must be confirmed before printing the first birth certificate.
- If you need an additional parent notice, please contact our office.
- Any changes made after the first birth certificate is printed will require a Birth Certificate Amendment through the Minnesota Department of Health ($40 fee).
If you have any questions, or if you need to have the parent notice emailed to you, please contact our office at 763-689-1644 or email [email protected].
Additional information can be found on the Minnesota Office of Vital Records website.