Property tax payments
Due to the Isanti County Government Center being closed to the public, at this time we will only be able to accept tax payments through the website and by U.S. mail.
To make a payment:
- Pay Online: credit card or echeck
- Mail to: 555 18th Ave SW, Cambridge MN, 55008
If you need assistance:
- For the most efficient service email PropertyTax@co.isanti.mn.us
- Contact our office at (763) 689-1644
Property Tax Penalty Abatement
The Isanti County Board of Commissioners agreed May 6th to allow certain property owners additional time to pay the first half of their 2020 property tax without penalty due to the COVID-19 pandemic emergency, and the financial impact it has placed on many businesses and homeowners in Isanti County.
The Isanti County Board authorized the Isanti County Auditor-Treasurer to abate penalty for late payment of first half property taxes payable in 2020 subject to all of the following requirements:
- The taxpayer pays the entire first half installment of 2020 property taxes due on May 15, 2020 in full by June 30, 2020.
- The taxpayer submits a completed “Application for Property Tax Penalty or Interest Waiver” to the Isanti County Auditor-Treasurer by June 30, 2020.
- The property owner does not escrow the property taxes through a lending company, bank, or other third party entity as identified in the Isanti County property tax records.
- The property is not state-assessed property such as utility or railroad property.
All late payments of first half property taxes payable in 2020 that do not meet all of the above requirements will follow the penalty schedule prescribed by statute for late payment of property taxes.
Additionally, Isanti County Board of Commissioners encourages all property taxpayers with the financial ability to pay property taxes due on May 15, 2020 to pay by the due date as timely payment supports the critical county, school, township, and city responses to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In order to be eligible for the penalty abatement, taxpayers must complete the Penalty-Interest Waiver Application and return it to the Auditor-Treasurer’s Office no later than June 30, 2020.
To submit application:
Mail to: 555 18th Ave SW, Cambridge, MN, 55008 (along with 1st Half 2020 Tax Payment)
Email to: email@example.com by clicking the "Submit Application" button found on the application.
To view the Board Resolution in its entirety, click here.
If property owners have questions about the abatement of penalty, they should call 763-689-1644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Auditor-Treasurer’s Office handles the calculating, billing and collection of all property taxes. The department also handles other property functions such as
- Property combinations and splits
- Documenting all land transfers for name and address maintenance
- Special assessments
- Tax forfeiture process
- Settlement of collected tax dollars to the local units of government
When will my statement be sent?
- Real Estate - by March 31st each year
- Mobile Home - by July 15th each year
Statements will also be available online approximately 1 to 2 weeks after the mailing date.
Moving or Selling a Mobile Home?
If you are planning to move or sell your mobile home, you must have a Tax Release Letter signed by the Isanti County Auditor-Treasurer’s Office stating there are no taxes owing on the mobile home.
The Certificate of Title must be accompanied by the Tax Release Letter at any Minnesota Department of Motor Vehicle office when making the transfer. The closest location is the Deputy Registrar.