You must schedule an appointment online at: www.co.isanti.mn.us. Each appointment is 20 minutes per person. If you have more than one person in your party, you will need to schedule consecutive appointments for each person.
For the most up to date processing times, please visit Travel.State.Gov
A passport is a document, issued by the federal government, which certifies the identity and nationality of the passport holder. A passport has two forms:
- Passport Book - can be used for all air, land and sea travel.
- Passport Card - can be used to travel to and return from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossing or sea ports-of-entry. The Passport Card can also be used to board aircraft for domestic travel, but cannot be used for international air travel.
To apply for a passport book or card, all applicants (including minors) must apply in person at an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility.
How to Obtain:
- Complete the application for a U.S. passport (DS-11). Please note, a social security number is required for this form (including minors)
- Submit proof of U.S. citizenship (one of the following)
- Certified birth certificate (within the U.S issued by your City, County or State of birth)
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Naturalization Certificate
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Present current primary identification
- Valid Minnesota Driver's License
- Voided Minnesota Driver's License with stamped renewal papers
- Naturalization Certificates
- Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
- Current Military ID (military and dependents), State Identification Card or Out-of-state Driver's License (with valid secondary identification)
- Photo services are available by appointment only at our office for an additional $16, or you can provide a passport photo that meets quality requirements.
- Children under 16 years of age must submit a certified birth certificate as well as a photocopy, even if they previously had a passport. Both parents must be present to sign the application. A valid ID for both parents, as well as a photocopy of the front and back, must be presented for each child’s application.
- Children 16 & 17 years of age must submit their certified birth certificate as well as a photocopy, or their previous passport. Only one parent is required to be present to sign the application. A valid ID for the parent, as well as a photocopy of the front and back, must be presented for each child’s application.
Passport Application Fees:
- Two separate forms of payment are required:
- Application Fee – Must be made payable to US Department of State (Check or money order only)
- Execution Fee & Photo – Must be made payable to Isanti County Auditor-Treasurer (Cash, check, or credit card)
What are you applying for
Total Fee Without Photo
Passport Book (age 16 and older)
Passport Book (under age 16)
Passport Card (age 16 and older)
Passport Card (under age 16)
Overnight Delivery Return (Book Only)
Renew a Passport
The U.S Department of State requires you to renew your passport by mail if it meets eligibility requirements. If your passport is eligible for renewal by mail, you cannot renew in our office. If your passport is not eligible for renewal by mail, follow the steps above. Your current passport can be used as proof of U.S citizenship as long as it is not damaged, altered or mutilated.