Schedule an Appointment


Isanti County Auditor-Treasurer is modifying services with the direction that Governor Tim Walz has provided under "Stay Safe MN."

Passport services are available by appointment only. An appointment must be made for each applicant. We do not accept walk-in customers at this time. 


COVID-19 Update: Know Before You Apply For A U.S. Passport 

If you are thinking about applying for or renewing a U.S passport now for international travel, please read the Department of State’s current international travel advisory. Because of public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have extremely limited U.S. passport operations.

If you apply or renew now, you will experience significant delays of several months to receive your U.S. passport and the return of your citizenship evidence documents (such as birth certificates or naturalization certificates).

Learn more on the COVID-19 Update page and Frequently Asked Questions page.

A passport is a document, issued by the federal government, which certifies the identity and nationality of the passport holder. A passport has two forms:

  • Passport Book - can be used for all air, land and sea travel.
  • Passport Card - can be used to travel to and return from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossing or sea ports-of-entry. The Passport Card can also be used to board aircraft for domestic travel, but cannot be used for international air travel.

To apply for a passport book or card, all applicants (including minors) must apply in person at an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility. 

How to Obtain:

  • Complete the application for a U.S. passport (DS-11), social security number is required for this form (including minors)
  • Submit proof of U.S. citizenship (one of the following)
    • Certified birth certificate (within the U.S issued by your City, County or State of birth)
    • Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
    • Naturalization Certificate
    • Certificate of Citizenship
  • Present current primary identification
    • Valid Minnesota Driver’s License
    • Voided Minnesota Driver’s License with stamped renewal papers
    • Naturalization Certificates
    • Current Government ID (city, state or federal)
    • Current Military ID (military and dependents), State Identification Card or Out-of-state Driver’s License (with valid secondary identification)
  • Photo services are available by appointment only at our office for an additional $16, or provide a passport photo that meets quality requirements.
  • If the application is for a child under that age of 16, see How do I get a passport for my child under 16?

Pay for a Passport Application

  • Determine the appropriate federal fees on the website (a separate check or money order per application payable to "U.S. Department of State" is required for the federal portion of the fees).
  • Acceptance Facility Execution Fee, photo fees and other related fees must be made by separate check payable to "Isanti County Auditor-Treasurer" or cash.

Passport Photographs

Passport photos are available by appointment only for an additional fee of $16 (Cash or Check). One 2 by 2 inches photograph, meeting a variety of specific requirements, is required in order to obtain a passport.

Renew a Passport 

The U.S Department of State requires you to renew your passport by mail if it meets eligibility requirements. If your passport is eligible for renewal by mail, you cannot renew in our office. If your passport is not eligible for renewal by mail, follow the steps above. Your current passport can be used as proof of U.S citizenship as long as it is not damaged, altered or mutilated.