How to Register to Vote
To register, a person must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years old on Election Day
- A resident of Minnesota for 20 days
- Finished with all parts of any felony sentence
A person can vote while under guardianship unless a judge specifically has revoked their right to vote. A person cannot vote if a court has ruled that they are legally incompetent.
See if you are Registered to Vote in Minnesota.
Voters are encouraged to register before Election Day. To pre-register, election officials must receive a voter’s application at least 20 days before Election Day.
Voters can register at their polling place on Election Day if they miss the pre-registration date.
The Isanti County Auditor-Treasurer’s office provides voter registration and election administration for Federal, State and County elections. This office also provides voter registration and administrative support to cities and schools who administer their own local elections.
- Administration of over 20,000 voter registration records
- Absentee voting
- Ballot preparation
- Campaign finance reporting
- Candidate filings
- Compilation of election results
- Providing election related information to the public