Heartland Express - Transit Department
Chisago-Isanti County Heartland Express
% Heartland Express Transit Center
245 2nd Avenue SE
Cambridge, MN 55008
Heartland Express is a rural public transportation system serving area residents in Isanti and Chisago County. Heartland Express welcomes everyone to ride! Children under age seven (7) must be accompanied by an adult or caregiver.
We provide curb-to-curb service. That means whether you live in town or in the county, the Heartland Express is available to you! Our sole purpose is to offer a low-cost, efficient mode of public transportation for all county residents.
All of our drivers have a Commercial Drivers License and are trained and certified in Passenger Assistance, Defensive Driving, and Sensitivity Training. All of our buses are handicapped accessible and lift-equipped.
Chisago-Isanti County Heartland Express operates it's program without regard to race, color and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act.
To schedule a ride, please call by 2:00 p.m. the working day before your ride.
Tips for Using the Heartland Express:
- 2010-2011 New Service Policy
- For best service, call by 2:00 p.m. the working day before your ride.
- Exact fare amount or token is due at the time of boarding the bus. Drivers cannot make change.
- All passengers must be registered.
- Our phones are answered between 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday. If you get our voice mail, leave your ride request information, telephone number, and we will return your call. Messages can be left 24 hours per day.
- Riders should be ready 10 minutes prior to their scheduled pick-up time. Please allow a 10 minute window either way of your pick-up time to allow for traffic and weather conditions.
- If service is no longer needed, please call in your cancellation as soon as possible. (at least one hour before scheduled ride)
- Have your address visible from the road so that the driver can find it easily.
Hours of Operation
|Monday thru Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.|
|Fare Rates:|| |
|Senior Dining Bus||Free will |
($.75 each way is suggested donation)
|In-City Senior Fare||(65 years +) is $.75 per one-way ride|
|City Zones||$1.50 One-Way|
Braham to Cambridge;
Isanti to Cambridge;
Pine Brook to Cambridge
|$2.00 One-Way |
Townships of North Branch, Oxford, Athens, Stanford, Spencer Brook, Wyanett and Dalbo into the City of Isanti, Cambridge or Braham
Bus Tokens may be purchased by mail or are available at the following locations:
Main Street Market
|County Market |
|Heartland Express Office |
Isanti Government Center
Chisago-Isanti County Heartland Express operates its programs without regard to race, color, and national
origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes he or she has been aggrieved by an unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with Chisago-Isanti
County Heartland Express.
For more information on Chisago-Isanti County Heartland Express's civil rights program, obligations, and
complaint procedures, please contact:
Craig Rempp at 763-689-8130
or visit our Administrative Office at 245 2nd Avenue S.E., Cambridge, MN 55008
Persons with limited English proficiency may contact 1-800-367-9559
A Title VI complaint may also be made by contacting the Title VI Specialist at the Minnesota Department of
Transportation, Office of Civil Rights: