Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I vote?

Absentee voting will be available in the Auditor's Office from 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Saturday, November 1, 2014 and from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday, November 3, 2014.

To find your MN polling precinct, please click here.

Legislative District Finders will help you find your polling place, legislative districts, and your state senators/representatives.
Voter Registration Form

Where do I take my driver's test?

In Cambridge, the testing facility is located in the City Center Mall at 300 3rd Avenue NE (off of Buchanan Street).  Testing days are Tuesday and Wednesday.  For questions, please contact the testing facility at (763) 689-7078.  For information on other testing locations, please visit the Driver and Vehicle Services website.

Where do I obtain license tabs for my vehicles, trailers, and/or boats?

Deputy Registrar
225 South Ashland
Cambridge, MN 55008
(763) 689-1130

Hours of operation:

Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Where do I obtain a burning permit?

Burning permits may be obtained by contacting the Department of Natural Resources at (763) 689-7100, by visiting their website at, or by applying online at

Where do I obtain a fishing or hunting license?

Game and Fish Licenses can no longer be purchased at Isanti County Government Center.  Please visit the DNR's website for more information at

Where do I obtain a passport?

Passports may be obtained from the Auditor-Treasurer's Office.

How do I reach the Isanti County Fairgrounds?

Ken Harder, Fairgrounds Manager - (763) 689-2555
Click here to visit the Fairgrounds website

Who are the Isanti County Agricultural Officers and Board of Directors?

President - Wane Boettcher
Vice President - Glenn Lood
Secretary - Ruth Paschke
Treasurer - Ken Nastrom

Michelle Weaver, Glen Johnson, Jason Wilding, Trent Rundquist, Bruce Bloomgren, Marty Anderson, Norman Reinhart, Pat Hughes, Lisa Angeski, Jeff Rod, Robert Anderson

Fair Board meets 3rd Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. in the Community Building at the Fairgrounds.

Where do I obtain a well water test kit?

Please contact the U of M Extension Office at (763) 689-1810.

How do I obtain an auctioneer license?

Click on the links below for additional information and applications.

Auctioneer Application
Irrevocable Consent to Service of Process
Isanti County Resident Auctioneers
Out of State Auctioneers

How do I contact the snowmobile clubs in Isanti County?

Cambridge Drift Dusters Snowmobile Club

(Cambridge, Weber, Stark, and Isanti trails)
Contact:  Larry Puck - (763) 444-9033
Interactive Map

Mystic Riders Snowmobile Club

(Mystic trails)
Contact:  David Horazuk - (763) 389-5852
Interactive Map

Northern Lites Snowmobile Club

(Grandy/Bock trails)
Contact:  Brian Sutton - (320) 396-3724
Interactive map

MN Department of Natural Resources - Snowmobiling

What are the Lake Improvement Districts of Isanti County?

Blue Lake Improvement District

Fannie Lake Improvement District

Green Lake Improvement District

Long Lake Improvement District