Human Resources - Hiring Process
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INFORMATION
The County will request information regarding criminal history in the event that you become a finalist for the position which you are applying. For certain positions, criminal background information will be requested during the application stage. Further, the County may conduct a criminal background check on individuals upon making a contingent job offer. Please refer to the job description for this position to determine if such a check will be conducted. If the job description or other application material states that a criminal check will be conducted, no offer of employment shall become final until receipt of the results of the criminal background check from the BCA, the content of which is acceptable to the County, and formal approval by the appointing authority.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
It is the policy of Isanti County to provide equal employment opportunity for all, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
APPLICANT DATA PRACTICES ADVISORY
The Minnesota Government Data Practices Act (Minn. Stat. §§ 13.01 – 13.90) includes two sections affecting applicants seeking employment with Isanti County. First, under “Rights of Subjects of Data” (Minn. Stat. § 13.04), when an applicant is asked to provide information about him/herself, the County must advise you of:
- The purpose and intended use of the data;
- Whether you may refuse or are legally required to supply the requested data;
- Any known consequences arising from your supplying or refusing to supply the data; and
- The identity of other persons or organizations authorized by State of Federal law to receive the data you provide.
Second under “Personnel Data” (Minn. Stat. §13.43) the following data on you as an applicant for employment by a public agency is automatically public:
- Your veteran’s status;
- Your job history;
- Your education and training;
- Your relevant test scores;
- Your rank on our eligibility list; and
- Work availability.
As an applicant, your name is considered private until you are certified as eligible for appointment to a position or are considered by the appointing authority to be a finalist for a position in public employment. If you are hired, the following additional data about you will be considered public information:
- Your name;
- Your employee identification number (which is not your Social Security number);
- Your actual gross salary, contract fees, salary range, and actual gross pension;
- The value and nature of employer paid benefits;
- The basis for and the amount of any added remuneration, including expense reimbursement, in addition to your salary;
- Your job title, bargaining unit (if applicable), and job description;
- The dates of your first and last employment with us;
- The status of any written complaints or charges against you while you work for Isanti County, regardless whether or not they have resulted in disciplinary action, the final disposition of any disciplinary action, and supporting documentation;
- Your work location and work telephone number;
- Your education and training background;
- Work-related continuing education;
- Honors and awards you have received;
- Payroll timesheets or other comparable data that are only used to account for your work time for payroll purposes; except to the extent that release of time sheet data would reveal employee’s reasons for the use of sick or other medical leave or other non-public data;
- Your previous work experience;
- The “complete” terms of any settlement agreement (including buyout agreements) except that the agreement must include the specific reasons if it involves the payment of more than $10,000 of public money; and
- Your badge number. This data is private if the candidate is applying for or is hired for an undercover law enforcement position.
All data concerning you which is placed in your personnel file and which is not addressed in statute as public data (see above listing) is private data. This private data will be available to you and those members of the County staff needing it to process County records. In addition, the following persons or organization are authorized by state and federal law to receive this data if they so request in certain circumstances:
- The Bureau of Census;
- Federal, State, and County Auditors;
- The State Department of Public Welfare;
- The Department of Human Rights;
- Federal Officials investigating compliance of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunities;
- Labor organizations and the Bureau of Mediation Services;
- Data may also be made available through court order.
The data you provide is needed to identify you and to assist in determining your suitability for the position for which you are applying.
NOTICE REGARDING SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
This information will be used for payroll taxes, insurance purposes, and retained in the employee’s data record.
NOTICE TO MINORS
Minors from whom private data or confidential data is collected have the right to request that parental access to the private data be denied. If you have any questions regarding your rights as a subject of data, please contact the Isanti County Human Resources Director, 555 18th Avenue SW, Cambridge, MN 55008; or (763) 689-3859.
This information is subject to change consistent with subsequent amendments to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act.