Began in 1986 in Chisago County, Isanti County was added in 1995. Heartland Express is a rural public transportation system serving area residents in Isanti and Chisago County. Heartland Express welcomes everyone to ride! Children under age seven (7) must be accompanied by an adult or caregiver.
We provide curb-to-curb service. We serve the general public. Everyone is welcome to ride the bus. Our sole purpose is to offer a low-cost, efficient mode of public transportation for county residents.
All of our drivers have a Commercial Drivers License and are trained and certified in Passenger Assistance, Defensive Driving, and Sensitivity Training.
To Schedule a Ride or For General Information:
- Call our Dispatch office at (651) 213-5790
- Rides must be scheduled at least one day in advance, by 3pm.Rides can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance.
- We operate with a 10 minute window.Passengers must be ready 10 minutes ahead of pick up time.Passengers can be dropped off between 10 minutes before and up to 10 minutes after their scheduled drop off time.
- Drivers have a Commercial Driver’s License and are trained in Passenger Assistance, Defensive Driving and Sensitivity training.
Hours of Operation
- Cambridge and North Branch City Routes operate M - F 8am – 5pm
- All other routes operate M – F 6am – 5pm (Cambridge/Isanti Area Route, Chisago County Area Route, North Branch/Pine City Route, Cambridge to North Branch Route, Princeton Route and Cambridge/Braham Route)
- $0.75 (65 and older, Veterans, and youth ages 13-18 - in-town rides only)
- $1.50 in town (in town means rider will stay within one town/city for the entire ride, exception is Chisago City, Lindstrom, Center City - together are considered an in town ride)
- $2.00 city to city (anytime a rider is transported from one city to another)
- $3.50 transfer (anytime a rider transfer from one bus to another bus to complete their ride)
- Children age 12 and under can ride for free with a paying adult. Limit 3 kids.
- *Prices are based on a one-way ride*
Exact change, checks, token or pre-paid fare card are acceptable forms of fare payment
- All buses are wheelchair lift-equipped and the lift can deployed for any reason
- Please contact Keri Ek, Transit Accounting Clerk, at (763) 689-8135 for questions regarding the purchase of bus tokens.
- The Chisago-Isanti County Heartland Express will not discriminate against any individual. There is no restriction, such as income, required to use this transportation service. Chisago-Isanti County Heartland Express is committed to ensuring that no person, regardless of age, race, color, sex, national origin, disability and/or sexual orientation is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination in any of its programs, services or benefits. Service Animals are allowed on all vehicles.
For Additional Information
- Contact Courtney Whited, Assistant Transit Director
(651) 213-5796 or firstname.lastname@example.org