Heartland Express is a rural public transportation system serving area residents in Isanti and Chisago County. Heartland Express welcomes everyone to ride! Children under age seven (7) must be accompanied by an adult or caregiver.
We provide curb-to-curb service. That means whether you live in town or in the county, the Heartland Express is available to you! Our sole purpose is to offer a low-cost, efficient mode of public transportation for all county residents.
All of our drivers have a Commercial Drivers License and are trained and certified in Passenger Assistance, Defensive Driving, and Sensitivity Training. All of our buses are handicapped accessible and lift-equipped.
Tips for Using the Heartland Express:
- Heartland Express Service Policy.
- For best service, call by 2:00 p.m the working day before your ride.
- Exact fare amount or token is due at the time of boarding the bus. Drivers cannot make change.
- All passengers must be registered.
- Our phones are answered between 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday. If you get our voice mail, leave your ride request information, telephone number, and we will return your call. Messages can be left 24 hours per day.
- Riders should be ready 10 minutes prior to their scheduled pick-up time. Please allow a 10 minute window either way of your pick-up time to allow for traffic and weather conditions.
- If service is no longer needed, please call in your cancelation as soon as possible (at least one hour before scheduled ride).
- Have your address visible from the road so that the driver can find it easily.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Senior Dining Bus • Free will ($.75 each way is suggested donation)
In-City Senior Fare • (65 years +) is $.75 per one-way ride
City Zones • $1.50 one-way
Isanti Corridor (Braham to Cambridge; Isanti to Cambridge; Pine Brook to Cambridge) • $2.00 one-way
Border Zone (Townships of North Branch, Oxford, Athens, Stanford, Spencer Brook, Wyanett, and Dalbo into the City of Isanti, Cambridge, or Braham) • $3.50
Bus Tokens may be purchased by mail or are available at the following locations:
- Cub Foods, Cambridge
- Riverside Market, Isanti
- Heartland Express Office, Isanti Government Center
- County Market, North Branch
- Brink's Market, Chisago City
- Government Center, Center City
Chisago-Isanti County Heartland Express operates its programs without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes he or she has been aggrieved by an unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with Chisago-Isanti County Heartland Express.
For more information on Chisago-Isanti County Heartland Express's civil rights program, obligations, and complaint procedures, please contact:
or visit our Administrative Office located at:
245 2nd Avenue SE
Cambridge, MN 55008
Persons with limited English proficiency may contact (800) 367-9559.