The purpose of Triad is to promote senior safety and to reduce the fear of crime that seniors often experience. Triad has benefits for both seniors and law enforcement. Law Enforcement assists seniors by letting them get to know their local law enforcement and bringing them information to protect them and that they can share with others in their communities. Seniors assist law enforcement by being “the eyes and ears” out in the communities. Triad is a State and National program supported by the National and Minnesota Sheriff’s Association.
The goal and purpose of TRIAD is to reduce criminal victimization of senior citizens by bringing together law enforcement and community agencies to form a relationship of trust with the senior citizens, enabling them to jointly recognize and solve problems.
The benefits of a Triad in Isanti County:
- Opens communication between public safety and the elderly.
- Allows seniors to voice their concerns about crime and safety
- Provides an avenue for senior volunteers to help others.
- Reduces senior isolation, a contributing factor to senior victimization.
- Strengthens the ties amongst community groups.
- Builds a sense of community.
- Expands law enforcement personnel capabilities within the community – “eyes and ears of our communities”
July 24 10am Location: Walker Methodist Topic is Legal Aid
August 28th 10am Location: TBD Topic: Audiology/hearing
September 25th 10am Location: TBD Topic: Frauds/scams
October 2-3 State Triad Conference Brainerd - Registration Form
October 23 10am Location: TBD Topic is Fire Safety
November 27th 10am Location TBD Topic TBD
December 18th 10am Location TBD Christmas Potluck!
We have also implemented a Senior Watch Program. This is for those seniors who live alone and would like one of our reserve deputies to either call or stop in to check on them on a weekly basis. This is for residents who live in Isanti County. Those who live in the City limits of Cambridge should contact Cambridge Police Department. - Senior Watch Application