Emergency Management Homeland Security
What is Emergency Management?
Emergency Management is:
- The process of prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery from emergencies and disasters.
- The focal point for overall coordination for all disasters.
- Planning, training, conducting drills, testing equipment and coordinating activities with First Responder agencies.
- Providing emergency preparedness education to the community.
- Effective Emergency Management relies on thorough integration of emergency plans at all levels of government and non-government involvement.
What does Isanti County Homeland Security and Emergency Management (IC HSEM) do?
IC HSEM is responsible for coordinating emergency preparedness throughout the county. In addition to the writing and coordination of emergency operation plans, IC HSEM offers public education, and provides assistance to local jurisdictions and county agencies before, during, and after disasters strike. IC HSEM works in collaboration with local, state, and federal officials, and partners with neighboring jurisdictions, to facilitate better preparedness, response, and recovery from natural and human-made disasters.
Isanti County Emergency Services Council Planning Advisory Committee (ICESC PAC)
What is ICESC PAC? The purpose and objective of this organization is to bring together, at least four times a year, persons interested in the saving of lives and the protection of properties. These people, coming from both the public and private sectors, will discuss ways and means for betterment of these services and reduction of the loss of life and property. Ideas will be exchanged on all questions affecting the safety of life and property, on legislation for the same, and for the development of these services through a year-round educational program.
US Department of Defense
Emergency Response Guide
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
National Weather Service
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA)
Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
National Transportation and Safety Board (NTSB)