Driver's Licenses, Permits, and MN Identification Cards
The Isanti County Auditor-Treasurer's office processes Driver's Licenses, Permits, and MN Identification Cards. This office is not able to accept reinstatement fees or perform testing, either written or behind-the-wheel. In Cambridge, the testing facility is located in the City Center Mall at 300 3rd Ave. NE (off of Buchanan St.) on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. For information on other testing locations, please visit the Driver and Vehicle Services website by clicking here.
Office Hours for Drivers Licenses, Permits, IDs
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday - Friday||8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
- Applications must be made in person.
- You will need to know your Social Security Number for your application.
- A new photograph is required on all renewals and name changes.
- A vision test will be given on driver’s license renewals and new licenses.
- When turning 21, renewals cannot be made until 3 weeks prior to your 21st birthday.
- All applicants under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian present (must show proof of guardianship).
- We are able to accept cash or check only for payment.
All fees listed on this page are current as of January 1, 2014.
For a complete list of fees, please visit the Driver and Vehicle Services website by clicking here .
Instruction Permits - When applying for a permit you will need:
- Valid test receipt (if new permit)
- Proof of identity (same documents as shown at testing station)
- Current permit (if renewing)
- Fee - $14.25
MN Drivers Licenses - When applying for a driver’s license you will need:
- Valid test receipt (if new license, adding endorsement, or changing license from a different state)
- Proof of identity (current permit or license, additional identification may be needed if changing license from a state other than Minnesota or if changing name)
- Fees -
Class D: $26.25 Class B: $37.25 Class A: $45.25 Motorcycle endorsement: $13.00 School Bus endorsement: $4.00
CDL License Medical Self-Certification information-
Please visit the Driver and Vehicle Services website by clicking here.
MN Identification Cards - When applying for an ID you will need:
- Proof of identity (if an ID or license were previously held & expired for five years or less, you may use that as identification)
- Fees - Under age 65: $20.25
65 and older: $16.50 (lifetime unless an address/name change)
- Replace lost or stolen cards
- Change an address
- Change a name (must bring a certified copy of document certifying name change)
- Add an endorsement (must bring receipt from testing station and/or any other paperwork to accompany application)
- Remove a restriction (must bring documents and/or take exam)
- Fee - $15.75
This location is not able to process applications for Enhanced Drivers’ Licenses. For more information on this type of license, please visit the Driver and Vehicle Services website by clicking here.
Other Helpful Links