Isanti County Attorney
The Isanti County Attorney’s Office serves as the chief prosecutor for all felony, gross misdemeanor, misdemeanor, petty misdemeanor and juvenile offenses which occur within the County of Isanti, with the exception of misdemeanor and petty misdemeanor level violations committed within the City of Isanti. The County Attorney’s Office is responsible for the legal representation of the Isanti County Board of Commissioners and the legal interests and concerns of all other departments in the County.
The County Attorney’s Office also brings actions to obtain or enforce child support obligations or to establish the paternity of a child; initiates petitions to protect abused or neglected children and vulnerable adults; and initiates involuntary commitment actions to provide necessary treatment for individuals who are mentally ill, chemically dependent, or mentally handicapped.
Click on link for more information on the duties of the County Attorney
The County Attorney’s Office does not investigate crimes. Investigations are conducted by law enforcement officers such as the police department or sheriff’s department. The police and sheriff gather evidence (e.g. statements from witnesses, fingerprints, drug tests, ballistic tests) and submit the evidence to the County Attorney for review and a charging decision.
To report a crime you need to contact the law enforcement agency for your area:
- Isanti County Sheriff’s Department, (763) 689-2141
- Isanti Police Department, (763) 444-4761
- Cambridge Police Department, (763) 689-9567
- Braham Police Department, (320) 396-3383
- Minnesota State Patrol
Isanti County Victim Services • (763) 689-2253
The Victim Services Program serves all victims of crime being prosecuted by the Isanti County Attorney in both the adult and juvenile court systems. The Victim Services staff provides crime victims with information about their legal rights and the criminal justice process, including ongoing information about the status of a case and the next court dates and times. They also provide referrals to appropriate service and support resources in the community.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE ISANTI COUNTY VICTIM SERVICES PROGRAM
- Crisis Counseling In-person crisis intervention
- Follow-up Contact Emotional support, listening, and guidance up to 90 days after victimization
- Therapy Referral to therapist/psychiatrist
- Group Treatment/Support Referrals to group support programs
- Crisis Hotline 24-hour telephone availability for victims and referrals to crisis lines
- Shelter/Safe House Referral to local/statewide shelters
- Information Referral Provide in person, as well as telephone referrals to support available by us and other community agencies
- Criminal Justice Support Support during law enforcement investigation; court related support such as court orientation, court escort, case appearance notification, case status and disposition information, victim impact reports, assistance with restitution, transportation, child care, property return, and intimidation intervention and protection; post sentencing services such as probation/supervised release, offender release notification, etc.
- Emergency Financial Assistance in locating emergency services (food, shelter, child care, etc.)
- Emergency Legal Assistance with filing temporary restraining orders and referrals for other protective orders
- Assistance in Filing Claims Referrals and assistance with filing claims with Minnesota Reparations Board
- Personal Advocacy Assisting victims with securing rights and services from other agencies
- Other Arrange appointments with prosecuting attorneys